Working in partnership
At Ark Victoria we understand the importance of building strong relationships with our parents. We know that by working together we can ensure all of our pupils achieve their full potential. At the start of each year parents, teachers and pupils sign a home school agreement. This is a joint promise that all of us will put in the time and effort required for our children to succeed. Parents are expected to support children by supervising home learning, ensuring that children attend school and wear the correct uniform.
Parents and carers are an integral part of our school community, and your feedback forms an essential part of our ongoing development and improvement. We regularly run surveys and sessions to gather your views on the education your child is receiving, and to understand where we can do better.
As well as this, we run a listening campaign on the school gates led by our Community Engagement Lead, Mr Ibrahim, and our Parent Governor, Mrs Khan. By asking parents a few brief questions, we are able to gather important views and information from a wide range of parents across the school.
You can share your feedback via these channels:
- Ofsted's Parent View tool. This survey consists of 12 short questions around topics such as teaching and behaviour, and will feed into our ongoing development plan
- Parent survey which you will receive via e mail
- Directly with a member of our staff. Our Senior Leadership Team are on the school gates before and after school each day.
- The main school office
Each half term, we invite our parents to join us for a coffee morning. These are an opportunity for parents to receive updates about all aspects of school life whilst enjoying a hot drink and a cake! During the coffee morning, we ask members of staff to share curriculum information and events to ensure parents are well informed. We also invite guest speakers and external organisations such as Citizens UK and our local Councillor to talk to parents. They offer support with the community issues parents have raised for example housing and the cost-of-living crisis. The coffee mornings are also an opportunity for parents to ask questions and for support from the school. We listen to parent feedback and use this to shape our upcoming meetings.
Alongside this, we also run a parent forum. The purpose of this is:
- To hear our parents’ voice and strengthen our relationships with parents
- To equip parents with the skills to lead on projects within school through training opportunities.
- To work together, as a school community, to achieve our mission.
- As a platform for parents to exercise their civic responsibility.
- Thursday 19th October 2023: Settling in Y7 & Y10
- Tuesday 14th November 2023: Early Years & KS1
- Friday 17th November 2023: KS2
- Thursday 7th December 2023: Year 11
- Thursday 8th February 2024: Year 9 & Options
- Thursday 14th March 2024: Year 11
- Thursday 14th March 2024: KS2
- Friday 15th March 2024: Early Years & KS1
- Thursday 18th April 2024: Year 8
- Thursday 13th June 2024: Year 7
- Thursday 11th July 2024: Year 10
- Tuesday 16th July 2024: Drop in for all Primary
At Ark Victoria, we ensure opportunities are planned for active engagement and meaningful participation of parents in school life.
We hold regular workshops for parents and carers to help parents with their child's learning and development at home and to explain more about the curriculum being followed in school. The children love having the opportunity to share their work with their adult!
We also collect a series of guides and resources that are available on Spark. This covers topics such as supporting your child's learning, keeping safe online, and maintaining good mental health.